Thursday, June 18, 2009

Why Not Join In On The Next Wine Review



Each weekend the Wall Street Journal has a wine section where the authors review wines and this past weekend was California Chardonnay, which led to a hankering for Chardonnay, go figure. Laura and I probably drink red wine 90% of the time, but it's summer so a cooler beveage may be in order. Usually their reviews are for wines in the +$20 range, but this week had a few reasonably priced wines that I've actually seen in stores, so I figured I'd share.

***Clos du Bois (N. Coast) $12 "nice, light Chardonnay fruit; lightly toasted"

***Simi Winery (Sonoma) $14 "lemony and crisp, with a touch of cream...plenty of fruit-shows that you can have big oak if you have good fruit"

***Chalone Vineyard (Montery County) $10 "tighly wound fruit, intensity and sunshine-like acidity" - Not sure what any of that means, but for $10, I think I'll find out.

The only white wine we have on hand is our Sonoma wine (the wine we drink to celebrate our puppy, Sonoma). Of course it is a wine from Sonoma, and we landed on a Chardonnay from Chateau St. Jean. So look for the review here a bit later, but if you'd like to participate just pick up a bottle (about $10-12) and let me know how you like it. In the meantime, I'll be searching for the above for a future review, so if you pick one up, let me know how you like it.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the Crema Chardonnay. I also like Clos du Bois.

    ReplyDelete