Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wine Review - Bulk Discount

So I've been slacking a bit and now I have three bottles stacking up.


The good news is that I recommend all three of these wines, though not at the same time. Of course I didn't have them all at the same time, so I guess I can't really not recommend them at the same time. Sort of like "don't knock it until you try it" - an expression I've never liked because I am pretty sure I can recommend not getting punched in the face without ever having tried it...pretty sure it's gonna hurt. Wow, I went off on a tangent there...

Back to the post - the Dancing Bull Zin I believe I have reviewed before and saw it on sale so I picked it up again. It's always good to have a favorite on hand.

Now the Tapiz Malbec (2007) was excellent! I've had a few Malbecs over the past few years, but unless I hit up Cost Plus or Bevmo I don't come across them too often. So the last time we were at Bevmo we picked up this one. I must say was surprised. Not sure what I was expecting, but man was this one good - very fruity/jammy, soft and well balanced. At only $12 I'd recommend this to anyone, especially to anyone who has never had a Malbec before. And if you do end up buying this one to enjoy with a good ribeye steak, I think I'm free that night and I can bring my own glass if you like.

Marquis Philips - Sarah's Blend 2007: I think the first time we had this one (or a similar one - I only remember the eagle/kangaroo creature) was at a wine bar when we were looking for something new and exciting. This is an excellent blend of Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot and very juicy and smooth. A quick google search shows this wine also receiving high ratings from those with better palates than mine. You can find this one at Bevmo too for about $15.

Up next, some Fry's clearance wines (that I am enjoying right now) - Lindeman's South Africa a Cabernet and a Merlot.

No comments:

Post a Comment